Monday, March 16, 2015

Sewing for Free Spirit Fabrics

I was delighted and honored to sew some children's clothing samples for TWO amazing Free Spirit Fabric Designers for Fall Quilt Market. Getting to see and work with these fabrics before they were released was so much fun, and they were incredible to work with.

The first line was "Clementine" by Heather Bailey. Her bright colors and amazing florals were so much fun, and Goldilocks was soooo sad that the clothes didn't get to stay at our house.

I made a Laura Jane Dress, Merebeth Paper Bag Skirt, Grayson Leigh Dress, and appliqued a t-shirt to match the skirt. All patterns can be found HERE at Grits & Giggles Pattern Shop.


I also did a set with "Feather Flock" by Tina Givens. These fabrics were whimsical and beautiful, full of fairy tale creatures and vibrant colors.

For this collection I made a Grayson Leigh Dress and a Merebeth Paper Bag Skirt, along with an appliqued shirt to match. 



If you love boutique-style outfits, this is a super-easy to do combination! The Merebeth skirt sews up fast and makes a big statement.


I don't know which one I love more. I'll be ordering these fabrics once they come out to recreate these looks for Goldilocks for sure!


I did manage to take one modeling shot of Goldilocks before I sent the outfits off to designers. This girl is painfully beautiful. 


Thanks again to Coats & Clark and Free Spirit Fabrics for allowing me to work with you on this special project. The fabrics are beautiful as always and make the perfect canvas for creating beautiful things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...