Thursday, December 5, 2013

Cheerful Ornament Pillows

One of the quickest ways to add new personality to a piece of furniture, especially a couch or chair, is with a new pillow. But pillows can be SUPER expensive. Solution...pillow covers!! I've made lots of pillow covers in the past to give an instant facelift to our existing pillows. Then when we're ready for change, we take them off and try a new one. The covers fold neatly (and flat!) for easy storage, so no bulky pillows lying around. 

After giving new life to our front porch pillows , I wanted to make sure they didn't feel left out during the holidays. I wanted a Christmas pillow to join them. I found an old, unused pillow in a closet and decided it would be the "chosen one" to get the new pillow cover.


Continuing the obsession with my new embroidery machine, I used it to make these sweet little ornaments! The machine makes it easy to get clean and precise stitching on applique borders, but you could easily make this on your sewing machine! Cut out the ornament shapes you want, and use a zig zag stitch to attach them to your pillow cover fabric. Once the ornaments were sewn, I added some sparkly gold ric rac, and tied little red bows to finish off the look.


It's festive and sweet for this holiday season, and looks great nestled between my two new suede pillows. 

It doesn't take much time, or a lot of $$$ to make unique holiday decor.

If you have an embroidery machine and are wanting to make this exact pattern, I got the applique file from Applique Market.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! If I ever get time, I'm gonna have to make some pillow covers for our house. Never thought about the fact that they store easily.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...