Thursday, May 16, 2013

Gotta Love Genetics....

When babies are born, usually the first thing the new parents are asked is "Who does he/she look like?" If we're all being honest, most babies look like a squished up pink blob of human, but they're all beautiful in their own way. Once they do start to take on their own facial shapes and colorings, it's fun to see who they actually DO look like.
 
 When Goldilocks was tiny, I always saw Hubby when I looked at her. As she has gotten older, we dare anyone to deny that she is my carbon copy. Thankfully she did get her Daddy's eyelashes...good luck saying no to those if they're batting at you!
 
Baby boy is a little more of a mystery...then we went digging for pictures.
 
I took this picture of my beautiful babies a couple of weeks ago.

 
After staring at it for a while, I thought it looked familiar. Hubby and I went to my grandmother's house to dig through some pictures...
 
And we found this little beauty from 1988. Oh the horrible primary colors...
 
Wardrobe issues aside, we agreed that there was no denying who our babies look like right now!
 
 
To save you from scrolling...here's a little side-by-side.
 
I love genetics (although we weren't quite friends in college. That class is hard people!!)
 
Curly blond hair and light colored eyes for my baby girl. I want baby boy's hair to turn auburn soooo bad like my baby brother's. It's such a pretty color. We'll wait and see once he actually grows some hair what color it will be! Hubby has lots of red in his hair and beard, so we're still holding out hope that baby boy gets his coloring.
 
 
25 years  later, I still love this "little" guy. Baby brother might be a foot taller than me, but he'll always be my little bro!
 
 
I hope both of my babies can have the relationship that Adam and I have. There's a lot of love in this family! With Hubby and Kaileigh in the mix, we both got a new brother and sister to love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...