Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Dress for Mommy- a Knock-Off

A few weeks ago Morgan, my BFF/Lil Sister/Maid of Honor...you get the picture.... told me about this great little dress designer, Judith March, who has some adorable dresses. After looking at her Website I was in LOVE with her dresses! They are available nationwide, but I wanted to try to make one for myself. She uses bright colors and unique necklines to really make a statement, without being too over the top.

Here are some of the dresses I love...


I saw this dress and decided I wanted to make something similar...



I had some teal fabric and paisley ribbon laying around in my craft room and knew that it would be perfect.

Here is the finished product



The shirring in the back makes it sooo comfortable, and with a tie on the neck, I don't have to worry about tiny hands pulling my dress down!

Every picture looks cuter with a baby in it!

Maybe one day I'll break down and buy a real one, but for now I'm in love with my new dress!

11 comments:

  1. very lovely, I love the way it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! so when can we place orders with you little missy?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dress! I think yours is prettier than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! The color and ribbon are perfect! I think its better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be honored for you to join our linking party every Wednesday at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
    Have a fabulous week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is adorable!!! Love it! I am visiting from Sew Chatty and I am a new follower! Hope you have a great day and I look forward to seeing you around soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is seriously beautiful on you! Yours looks even better than hers does!! :) Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We are so grateful for your support and we hope that you will be back tomorrow to share more great ideas!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I have a judith march dress from last year and I have been staring at it thinking I could do a knock off too! How did you do the shirring in just the back? Did you sew in a separate panel? Or did you just make the back piece twice as long as the front and shir it? Any help would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...